About Me

My Photo
Madison
I am an equestrian focusing in dressage. I am also a riding instructor. Horses are my passion.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Introducing Me

My first taste of cross country...sort of :)
Hello all! First, thank you for coming to visit my blog. For this first post, I'm going to tell you who I am and what I'm about.

First off, I work at a barn. I've been there for almost two years. It's my first barn job and I absolutely love it! It is a facility that offers three types of riding programs: hippotherapy, therapeutic riding lessons, and regular lessons. I assist in the hippotherapy and therapeutic riding lesson programs and I train with both of our trainers in the regular lesson program.

I am starting to teach riding lessons of my own in the regular program. This summer I am going after my NARHA (North American Riding for the Handicapped Association) riding instructor certification. I am super excited about it! Then I will be able to teach in our therapeutic riding program as well.

I have come a long way in the two years that I've been with horses. I think that is because I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I didn't get into the horses till I was 20 and I'm so grateful that I have them.

I will be keeping you updated on what I'm doing, so check back often. Again, thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Certificates and Honors

  • AHA clinic "Long Lining: Maximizing Your Horse's Potential" September 2010
  • Kerrits Performance Riding Apperal Ambassador since December 2010
  • AHA clinic Level I Equine Skills Feburary 2011
  • AHA clinic Level II Equine Skills December 2011